Saturday, February 20, 2010

Too Hot To Handle...


The Garden City is loosing it's pride for being cool city now. It is just February, hardly the summer, and life is tough already. It is reaching 33+ C and is going up. Just last week, it was much cooler. I needed to keep my door and windows shut, wrap head to toe in blanket and switch off fan by midnight to prevent shaking with cold. These days I hardly wrap myself, keep the doors open ( windows I keep shut ;) ) and keep the fan at full speed always. Still in the morning I feel tired and restless, because of the lack of 'quality' sleep. Add to it, most of the day there won't be power in the morning. How could we cope with summer.... no clue...

The skin is affecting too. I was surprised to see that the lips will crack in summer. It is due to the humidity factors it seems. These days humidity is at a low level too.

Last weekend I was home in Keralam. There too sun was hot. But not cruel like the Bangalore sun. It was hot, but not baking like here. It was not like sucking every ounce of energy and happiness as here.

I am drinking a lot of water, made the two time bathing into cold water and try maximum not to be out in sun, and when I need to I use my umbrella. The violet umbrella looks odd in the crowd, but it helps me from headache. Hope this will not last long and as the weatherman says, the summer rain will come soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment