Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Onam...

For us Malayalees, Onam is the most special time of the year, Vishu, not withstanding. It is the time when everybody try to be home and when all the cousins, grannies , uncle-aunts meet. In my family, we always try to be together, Kunju, my sister who is married, will visit home with Aliyan, her husband each year. This time she came last weekend, and today they might give a surprise visit !

Mama was making pookalam for the last ten days and morning we had pooja and all. Dad prepared Paayasam, his speciality for every occasion. This time he made Cheru Payar Paayasam, and it came so yummy... :D

Last year I missed Onam. I was in the US and was all alone. Interestingly every day we prepared very Indian lunch there and it was the Onam day I didn't prepare anything and was having a re-heated sandwich for lunch. Add to that my friend was stuck at work and I was left all alone in the big hotel all by myself... Though I never drink other than at home, that day I drank wine to high... I remember I was sad and exhausted after the drink and slept, woke up only for dinner...


This year I have compensated for it. Royally. Erased one item from my long to-compensate list. I will post photos when I reach Bangalore, too bad my home PC got virus :(

For everybody there, I wish a Happy Onam...

0 comments:

Post a Comment