Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How many kids do one need...

Isn't it a complicated question..
And now it came to my mind because of my friend. She decided not to have kids... of course her husband also feels the same. Her view is absolutely relevant. Why do one need kid ??? Forget the biological need, family tree blah blah blah, deep inside the truth will be parents expect kids to take care of them at old age. But in this new era how far it happens ?? She married to a telugu guy ( she is a malayali ) and now settled in London. She hardly meets her parents who are now in Dubai, her only sibling is doing MS in the US and most probably will find a job there. So how far her parents expectation of children take care of them will be met... Financially they don't need support, as most of today's parents. And anything else, hard to get. And if this generation is like this, next can only be worse. So do you really need a kid....

I know people calls their children terrorist... I love kids, and the 'terrorist kids' I love to be with. They are fun, full of energy, and all their little games will bring my kiddie days back. I love living that moment. But when I think about the parents, who has to manage them 24x7... They might feel the energy reservoir as terrorist... No kidding... But for me, to have them for an hour or two, they are most adorable.... ;)

And the exercise of giving birth is also not a pleasure I think. When I saw my cousin after cesarean I got a clue. She was not weak, but was almost motionless... Terrible sight... And after all this if your kid is growing 'independent'...

Now tell me how many kids you want....

0 comments:

Post a Comment